At the Manchester Chinese Centre, we encourage children to learn while having fun. Nothing makes a subject more memorable than when you’ve had fun doing it. With this in mind we would like to offer a wide range of activities in a workshop format. These workshops range from Chinese-based such as language and calligraphy, Chinese sports workshops, Chinese dance, creative activities and Chinese history workshops.
All of our workshops are suitable for students of any age and from all stages of study (that being from Primary School age to that of college).
Since 2007 Manchester Chinese Centre has provided educational workshops for a wide range of local organisations (i.e. hospitals) and schools. During festivals such as Chinese New Year MCC has also held annual festival workshops for both adults and children to enjoy and learn about Chinese festivals. In terms of education in 2019, MCC has also held a workshop to introduce Pearson Edexcel Level 3 Advanced GCE Level Chinese (Mandarin/ Cantonese) to parents and students to inspire higher levels of Chinese education.
Scroll down to view our workshops’ booklet or click here to download it.
Workshops on offer
- Foundation Chinese Calligraphy (more information)
- Foundation Chinese Language (more information)
- Chinese language with storytelling
- Chinese language course foundation to GCSE and A-Level
- Chinese exam workshop
- Lion Dance (more information)
- Dragon Dance (more information)
- Foundation Shaolin Kung Fu
- Kung Fu Fan
- Tai Chi Sword
- Foundation or Advanced Tai Chi (more information)
- Chinese Fan Dance (more information)
- Kung Fu / Tai Chi / Fan Dance (more information)
- Chinese Folk Dance (more information)
- Chinese Opera with costumes
- Dragon making: Balloon Dragon, use old clothes (more information)
- Lantern making (more information)
- Kite making (more information)
- Paper Craft
Paper Art and Craft:
- Paper Folding (more information)
- Paper Art
- Paper cutting
- 12 animals’ motif art and craft
- Story Telling with Costumes (more information)
- Chinese New Year (more information)
MCC was the 2011 Winner of Archive Project award by the Archives and Records Association (ARA)
- Chinese New Year History of Manchester China town
- History of Chinese Foods
- History of Chinese language
- History of Chinese Folk Art
- international Chinese history of the Opium War
- Local History Manchester Chinatown Tour
So please come to the Manchester Chinese Centre and join us celebrate our vibrant heritage. Further information about each workshop including prices and location for each workshop is in the booklet. Thank you and we hope to hear from you soon.